Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ang Pagbabalik ng Ultimate Jologs

Quite a number of people from my circle claims to be the ultimate jologs ever. As for me, I prefer to be quiet and let my natural jologness unleash its wrath in unexpected scenarios. I call it my "simpleng malupit na paglaladlad ng ultimate jologs."

Karla F. can attest to how unspeakably jologs I can be. I, as others would say, am the resource person if you want to know who was Jennifer Sevilla's leading man in Mundo Man ay Magunaw by Seiko films (It's Michael Locsin, an alumnae of Marist School). Or if you want to know who's this That's star, aside from Lea Salonga, got to play Kim in Miss Saigon? (Caselyn Francisco, although she didn't get to play in the London production)

I also remember someone from school (several batches younger) asked why the Thursday group always perform this native numbers during That's Saturday edition. Hmmm, where did she get the idea that I'd be able to answer that? Kay Mariel siguro. (Mar, mag-react ka kung hindi ha?) By the way, the answer to that girl's question? The group leader, Smokey Manaloto, is good friends with several Bayanihan Dance Troupe members so most of their dance numbers are choreographed by BDT members.

I have this fond memory while waiting for my turn at the old UP Health Service Building (alam ko sa ibabaw ng parkingan ng ambulansya ng PGH). Among the other would-be UP freshies there, I recognize one girl as Em-Em Mabanglo, that maldita girl who played "Macy" in the soap Annaluna. Of course being a natural jologs and probably due to severe boredom too, I started a conversation with her. Here it goes:

T: Uy diba ikaw si Macy?

E: (looking uneasy) Ah...

T: (unfazed) Yung sa Annaluna!

E: Oo pero bata pa ako nun...

T: Ako rin bata pa ako nun! (Sheesh. From then on everytime I see her in CAMP, I'd yell, "Hi Macy!")

I guess I got my jologs genes from my Dad. Back in the early 90's, we have just one TV set back then and by 6pm, my Dad fix his eyes on the monitor for his daily dose of That's Entertainment. I would attest my equal right to the television, since I want to watch Ang TV dahil idol ko si Marnie Arcilla, but as king of the house, my Dad would always win the remote.

Now why am I writing about all these jologs stuff all of a sudden? Well, I just got jologs high after spending hours downloading "Manay Po 2: Overload." Wala akong makitang DVD sa Quiapo eh.

No comments: