Thursday, May 8, 2008

Side trip: My Former Professor's Paintings

I remember a patient commenting that "I didn't realize that dentists are like artists too until now." Well, here's another proof of the artsy side of dent people.

Dr. Maria Lourdes Dorothy Salvacion, fondly called Dr. Dots by UPCD people, is my former professor in Oral Anatomy and Restorative Dentistry. For the non-dent people out there, those were subjects in dental school where we carve mirror images of tooth models in wax, draw zoomed version of specimen teeth, carve tooth fillings and drill onto teeth following a certain outline form. 

Anyway, aside from being a teacher and a dental practitioner, Dr. Dots also paint and she paints REALLY good. I know way back in school that she can draw really nice caricatures, in fact she drew one of the entire faculty of the Operative Dentistry Section in our school. (I still remember the "I am Super Armean!" thing) However, I only got to stumble upon her work on Multiply thru a friend's site. (Yey, our teachers are on Multiply! Groovy!) 

Anyway, for those interested in seeing her work, you can view them at http://dotssalvacion.multiply.com

No comments: