Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank God For Melissa!

All those walking to get to different venues for this food blog makes my feet want to scream "Stop!!!!"

I've always get blisters on my feet especially when I wear formal shoes. Leather shoes and my feet don't seem to agree with each other. This problem became more evident when I graduated from dental school and kissed my good old adidas sneakers good bye. Although I can still wear rubber with scrubs, somehow, it doesn't look professional at all. (Sorry for scrubs people out there) The closest thing to closed shoes that makes my feet sigh with relief are my Crocs prima but I wouldn't dare wear that with slacks.

Good thing someone invented Melissa shoes. They aren't leather but the black ones can pass looking like patent, as one of my colleagues noted. Melissa shoes are jelly shoes so they can flex while your feet move.

It's pretty expensive compared to other shoes but what justified its cost (in my case) is the guarantee that my feet would really be comfortable in it. I tried a LOT of branded leather shoes thinking that if it's expensive, it must be comfy. Each purchase lead to disappointments one after another. As for my Melissa shoes, it's really worth its price.


Melissa Desire + Triton

I got the model Desire + Triton in black (PHP 3,250) and it's perfect to wear with dressy pants, jeans and slacks. It's not completely flat but the heel isn't that high either. Perfect for long walks during dates and in my case, for my trips during food review venue hunts. I would love to get another one in white but there aren't stocks anymore. I do hope they'd have more models available here in the Philippines soon.

Melissa shoes are available at Athem (Powerplant & Shangrila Mall), Mia Bella (Serendra), Rustan's Shangrila, Rustan's Alabang, Rustan's Cebu and Mixed Denim (Greenbelt 3). They also have their online store at http://shop.melissaphilippines.com

No comments: