Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Side Trip: Tarp Bags!


While walking in search of a good eating place in Eastwood, I sidetripped to this tiangge or row of stalls at the back of Something Fishy. They sell pretty much like the usual Greenhills tiangge stuff but one stall captured my attention. That particular stall sells flip-flops and tote bags you can use for beach outings. 

Beach must-haves: bags and flip-flops...sige pwede na rin yung fan

I was very much interested in the bags as I already purchased a pair of flip-flops at the recent Skechers sale at Tektite last April. The bags (PHP 400) , as the the tindera described, are made out of tarpaulin so it's a far better alternative to the usual beach bags in the market. 

I remember our last trip to Boracay where I didn't bother to pack a beach bag with me. I end up walking along the beach with my college Jansport bag. As what they say in gay lingo, "Ang chaka ng dating."

But you won't look chaka in these bags as they have really nice designs. Since their inner material is made up of tarpaulin, it's durable and the insides won't get wet easily, unless water goes in from the top. 


Don't worry, they don't recycle Bayani Fernando's MMDA tarp ads

These tote bags seem durable (compared to katcha and sack bags) and may even pose as a more fashionable alternative to the bayong bag. I saw a chalkboard sign which says that these bags are also available at Multiply. 


Advertising their Multiply site

I checked their Multiply page and I learned that aside from bags, they also make cosmetic kits (Single fold - PHP 130, 3 folds - PHP 130), tissue holders (PHP P50), cash organizer (PHP 120) and many more.


A sample of their cosmetic kit (as shown in their Multiply site)

TARPart Enterprises
http://tarpart.multiply.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice bag. cheaper version of those in the mall. do they look sturdy? oh and did you see one with a zipper to close the bag? thanks!

Unknown said...

The bags seem fashionable and durable. The price ain't so bad too. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments! anonymous, I haven't seen a zippered model for the TARPbags. You can inquire if they have such model at the Multiply site I provided.

Jennifer - thanks! bongga diba?