Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Paypal scare

I've been doing my online racket/ side line for several months (my job during lunch break and no patient hours) but I only mustered the courage to attempt to withdraw some of my earnings from paypal. Although funds from paypal had been available for transfer to Philippine-based bank accounts since 2007, I'm still a bit skeptical. 

Anyway, I decided to transfer a part of my "online money" to my BPI account as an experiment--a very expensive experiment, as the Congressman said. Other Philippine-based paypal users swore that getting an EON card from Unionbank is way much easier and reliable. I didn't opt for this EON card thing since there's no Unionbank near our place & I don't want to have another account to manage since I already have an account I shared with the Congressman, his payroll account (yes, I do get 100% of his money!!!) and the account for the clinic. I don't want to complicate my life further. Dalawa lang naman ang matinding magpaharass sa akin, dentistry at pera! 

So back to the moolah transfer process, I made sure I double checked everything--the bank account number, the bank code, etc. I never proof-read anything this much since my Seminar 40 (thesis) days yet I couldn't bring myself to press the "Enter" key. Mahigit 5 minutes ko atang tinitigan yung monitor kaka-double check until I sighed and muttered "Here goes nothing..." and pressed the "Enter" key to proceed with the transaction. Crap! I got an error message--ano to?! Anong ginawa niyo sa pera ko???!!!!

[Session timed out]

Nyek. I must have spent a looong time "double checking." So I started the process from scratch, made sure everything I typed is correct then hit the "Enter" key. Bahala na si Batman.

According to paypal, it takes 4-6 days for your funds to be transferred to your bank account. For the time being, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Wish me luck!

No comments: